Saturday, December 5, 2009

What are good ways to say no to people copying hw?

i know people who always say yes to letting people copyhis/her homework? but, what are some effective ways to say no to letting a frient copy my hw, without putting strain on the friendship



What are good ways to say no to people copying hw?phantom of the opera



Ugh, been there way too often. The easiest thing to do, as Al Bundy would put it, is to "lie when your wife is waking, lie when your belly's aching, lie when you know she's faking, lie, sell shoes, and lie."



Good lines to use:



1) "Oh gosh! I haven't started yet." [if you have to, get out some paper and "start your homework" frantically]



2) "You know, I didn't really understand the lesson. I'm trying to read the book but I'll let you know when I get it."



3) (if someone is asking you just before you turn it in) "Oh my gosh, I could have sworn I put it in my backpack this morning!" [then search frantically and stall until it's time to turn it in]



4) "I was just about to ask if I could copy from you."



5) "Sorry, I just gave it to [name of accomplice]."



6) "Ok, hang on though, I have to call my mom who went to the hospital." [then you can walk away because the "reception here is terrible"]



What are good ways to say no to people copying hw?listen to opera opera theater



I used to get asked this all of the time. I used to deal with it by just simply saying no and making a joke that they should of done it.
Just say no and leave it at that.
the real question is why would you want a cheater for a friend?
Let your friend know that you like to do your own work, and you like to keep it your work. It's hard being taken advantage of, especially if it's a friend, because you don't want to risk the friendship. But if this is a true friend you're dealing with, he or she should understand.
Don't worry too much about it. They can cheat at school but its not so easy to cheat at life. Real life isn't kind to the lazy people.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
ltd