Thursday, December 10, 2009

Ypu say Tom(aee)toe, I say Tom(ahhh)toe?

how come people say that, i mean i have never heard someone say tom(ahhh)toe!!



why he saying should say, you say carmal, I say carra- mel



more people pronounce those differently



oh and yes i know i spelled it wrong, i that that to empahsize the pronunciation, so dont answer this by informing me of that



Ypu say Tom(aee)toe, I say Tom(ahhh)toe?ballet theater



Today, that saying is referring to situations where two people have different views or takes on whatever the situation may be. It's kinda like saying "Well you may see it this way, But I see it in a different way."



Ypu say Tom(aee)toe, I say Tom(ahhh)toe?chicago theater opera theater



My grandmother, who was from Massachusetts, said it the second way (tom-ah-to).
Usually, people in America and people in England have different emphasis on some words. That's probably why.
i was babysitting the other weekend and a little girl said tom(aee)toe, i never heard it that way but thats just how she was raised i guess =)



caramel is the right way to say it but people have different views, then they could stick to their opinions, we who say it right just know that their wrong =)
All across the country you will hear different dialects. Where I live we say 'crick' for what others call 'creek'. We say 'worsh' for 'wash'. We say 'oral' for oil. I could go on and on. It's just life and people

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
ltd